I love The Amazing World of Gumball so much and was trying to make drawing for the third time as one of my hobbies
Here's where I started:
Prototype - Late 2011
- First Gumball related drawing I ever made.
- He's combination of things I love: farmer clothing, blue overalls, wear cap on backwards.
Version 1.0 - July 23, 2012
- First version.
- Exact clone of Gumball!
- Drawn in Paint Tool SAI.
Version 2.0 - July 1, 2013
- Changed glove color.
- Add watch, "some pinks" on his cheek.
- New Pumpkin hat, made from mistake X3
Version 3.0 - December 29, 2014
- Switch software to my new style, from Paint Tool SAI to Adobe Illustrator CS5.
- Named after my real life nickname, Winnie with Gumball's last name Watterson, so he's Winnie Watterson.
- Added glasses, a reference to my real life that I'm short-sighted.
- Changed eyes color from back to blue, I like blue eyes X3
- Changed sweater sleeves, puffier.
Version 3.1 - March 14, 2015
- Changed sweater color from tan to green and toned down color of scarf.
Version 3.0 Girl - May 26, 2015
- Genderbend version of Winnie, or just a clone of Genderbend of Gumball X3
- Added melon hat.
Version 4.0 - September 13, 2015
- Also know as failed version. X3
- Make him a little chubbier and cheek bones.
- Changed scarf style.
- Added a patch on the left leg of his overalls as it's a little bit torn down.
- Added a little bit of hair on his head.
Version 4.1 - September 22, 2015
Version 4.1 Modern - October 17, 2015
- Winnie in tuxedo with top hat.
Version 4.2 - December 27, 2015
- Redrawn, this is what version 4 should have been X3
- Changed all color scheme a little bit.
- Shovel now only appear when he need it
- Added middle name "Timothy", so now his full name is Winnie Timothy Watterson.
Version 5 - November 26 (Current)
- Final design of Winnie!
- Switch software from Illustrator CS5 to CS6.
- Changed eye style, combination of Season 2 and 3 of Gumball eyes.
- Changed sweater sleeves back. to normal.
- Changed his whiskers to rounded one.
I understand that if you still see current version Winnie just like any other unoriginal recolored Gumball and such, I won't blame you
"Well Winnie, why don't you try something like, dark fur, red T-Shirt with jeans, sun glasses, hoodies and stuffs ?"
During each version, I tried to change things like his fur, body, clothing, somethings you said and everything.
You may like it, but to be honest I don't think that would fits Winnie, that isn't my thing.
The original idea of Winnie, Oh! I mean my initial idea is combination of things I love as a character.
I already love how Gumball looks. Cute simple blue cartoon cat, perfect!
I'm a cat lover, love blue anthropomorphic animal cartoon characters, love cute and simple looking things.
If you like him, thank you so much
Wanna draw him ? well I have 2 simple rules:
Everyone can draw whatever they want but I don't appreciate to see Winnie in either of these or both form.